Door Ian Wagstaff
|Rubriek||Auto's & Autotechniek|
|Titel||Lotus 49. 1967 - 1970 (all marks). Owners' Workshop Manual|
|Jaar van uitgave||2014|
|Samenvatting||Lotus 49 Owners' Workshop Manual 1967 onwards (all marks) Ian Wagstaff The Lotus 49 F1 car was designed by Colin Chapman and Maurice Philippe for the 1967 F1 season. It was the first car to use the legendary Cosworth DFV engine. The car was designed around the DFV engine, and was highly significant in being the first successful Formula One car to feature the engine as a structural member. The Lotus 49 was also significant in being one of the first F1 cars to feature aerodynamic wings, and was the first grand prix-winning car to feature commercial sponsorship, in the form of the famous red, gold and white Gold Leaf Team Lotus colours. Jim Clark famously won on the car's debut at Zandvoort for the Dutch Grand Prix in 1967, and it would also provide him with the last grand prix win of his career in 1968, before Graham Hill went on to win the 1968 F1 World Championship using the car. This manual provides a fascinating insight into the design, evolution, operation, maintenance and restoration of the Lotus 49. Key content |
* The Lotus 49 story - brief history of Lotus, design, evolution and racing history of the Lotus 49, and subsequent Lotus story.
* Anatomy - chassis, cockpit, Cosworth DFV engine, transmission, suspension and steering, brakes, wheels and tyres, electrics and aerodynamics.
* Owning and restoring - buying, provenance, paperwork, values and insurance, obtaining spare parts, restored Lotus 49 profiles.
* Driver's view - racing in period, with input from Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi. Racing today with views from drivers of cars running in historic championships.
* Engineer's view - factory mechanics' memories, maintenance and repairs, setting up a Lotus 49, rebuilding and maintenance of a Cosworth DFV engine, brief technical appraisal of rival F1 cars.
* Appendices including technical specifications, race results and useful contacts.
|Staat van het boek||Nieuw|
Onze gebruikte boeken verkeren in goede tweedehands staat, tenzij hierboven anders beschreven. Kleine onvolkomenheden zijn niet altijd vermeld.